Foster® Duct-Fas™ Duct Sealant is a fire-resistive, water-based, indoor/outdoor, U.V.-resistant, non-fibrated sealant for use on low, medium and high-velocity ducts to form an extremely flexible, yet durable seal against air leakage. It is supplied in a special thixotropic consistency that allows easy application by brush, glove, trowel, power extrusion or caulking gun.
- May be pressure-tested after 24 hours dry time above 70℉ (21℃). It quickly forms a strong bond to clean galvanized, aluminum and mild steel metal ducts.
- Ideal for sealing ASJ, FRK, and FSK jackets and board facings at joints, laps and over staple and weld pin punctures, and for sealing flexible air ducts to rigid connectors.
- Complies with current requirements regarding use in meat and poultry processing areas under federal inspection. Letter of compliance is available upon request.
- Meets requirements for LEED IEQ 4.1 Low-Emitting Materials, Adhesives and Sealants. VOC: 24 g/l, less water and exempt solvents.
- Will meet all SMACNA pressure classes up to 10” w.g. and SMACNA seal classes A, B, and C on ducts constructed to SMACNA standards. It has been tested up to 15” w.g. and passed with no sealant blow out.